These Pumpkin Spice Brownies are tasty, yet nourishing!
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- ¼ cup banana (one small banana)
- ¼ cup rice milk (or regular milk)
- ¼ cup oil of choice
- ½ cup agave syrup, brown sugar or other sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup flower (whole wheat, preferably)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- a generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- a small sprinkle of nutmeg
Step 1: Preheat oven at 350°F (or 180°C). Cook the chopped pumpkin in a pot at low heat with the rice milk. Occasionally test to see if it is soft. If so, use a vegetable masher, release the cackling witch within you and crush the pumpkin until it becomes a soup.
Step 2: Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Use as much cinnamon as desired, but remember to be a little skimpy with the nutmeg, as the taste is significantly stronger.
Step 3: Mash banana and add to dry mixture along with the pumpkin and other remaining wet ingredients.
Step 4: Grease and flour a pan, then pour batter in.
Step 5: Bake until brown or for about 20 minutes.
Step 6: Remove from oven and let cool. For a little something even tastier, eat while warm.