First off, I am not among those people who reserve pumpkin spice for October. That is an aberration. Second, I will be eating these every morning, it’s official. Thanks to the pumpkin, they’re light enough to eat more than two! Want to make a batch yourself? Here’s how:
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flower
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup of well cooked pumpkin
- 1/3 cup soy (or other) milk
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- chestnut oil
- toppings (jam, chocolate, syrup, frog’s breathe)
Step 1: mix dry ingredients in a bowl together.
Step 2: mash pumpkin until only slightly chunky, then add wet ingredients.
Step 3: heat and oil pan. Use a soup serving spoon to slowly pour batter onto pan for each pancake.
Step 4: cook on one side until bubbly, then turn over and cook until golden.
Step 5: serve with topping and eat in front of Dead & Breakfast.