Hey Fab Bats! With a couple projects in the crock pot, I can’t wait to serve each of you Fab Bats some soup from the dead man’s soul. Between cookin’ up some eerie eats for you fab freaks and checking in on my Dad’s lab so the pipes don’t pop and the test tubes stop….. I am somewhat in need of an intermission.
What do you usually do when you need a gasp of breath? Personally – besides writing long intros – I fly on over to Youtube. Perched on the rooftop in the rain, I’ve composed a list of fun footage by some fave arsenic apples on the wonderweb:
- 6 Most Annoying Youtube Sins by ofherbsandaltars (above) – Now see, this is what I just love about the alt side of Youtube. Yes, the content here is on point, but HEY can we talk about the Look? Been gushing over Ofherbsandalters videos a lot recently and would recommend the above for the funs. Connect with their work here.
- Toxic Tears hauls – Day ends, slap Spookylicious Pop Tart on belly, crack open Mountain Dew Pitch Black, stare at items on the internet you wish you had. Hiss occasionally; A level of cute unknown to the living, Toxic Tears has some spoopily sweet unboxing videos. Don’t forget to check out her other channel, Metal Ass Gaming! Marathon on my pretties…
- It’s Black Friday Challenges and Tags – This popular channel is positively addictive. Her straight-out-of-the-batcave-dope-decadent dress makes the Challenges and Tags all the more intriguing. Equally enjoyable are her Drunk Shopping Hauls.
- Drew Disaster’s Makeup & Hair – On a day when spiderwebs are weaved deep into my cranium, delving into out-of-the-box wig reviews does a good detangling. Drew Disaster gives a rundown of colorful hair ensembles as well as how to make your own.
- Nefertiti Bourne and the power of the LOOKBOOK – Truth be told, I live for Lookbooks. Nefertiti Bourne’s style is fun, psychedelic and dark.
- Sebastian Columbine’s Collar Collection – just looking at other people’s collars makes my hand twitch towards Ebay. For the metal leather nerds, check out their Creepyyeha review!
- Alternative Black Girls Tag – just generally fun to hear and compare experiences, some I enjoyed most were from Victoria P. and RyMingTahn.
- Mahafsoun Metal Bellydance – plain and simply entrancing, Mahafsoun werks her way out of the Underworld for us mere humans to witness. Watch this after a couple cups of coffee and you’ll be running warp speed. From the movement down to each outfit, check out the channel for more.
- Goths Reacting to Buzzfeed Goth, Caligo Bastet’s reaction – “Goths Reacting to Anything” in general is fun. A couple more good ones include Elder Goth Reacts to “40 Years of Goth Style” and Another Goth Reacts to “People Try Wearing Goth makeup For the First Time”.
- Follow The Goblin Queen Around Vintage Shopping – while “Follow Me Around” videos are nothing more than a guilty pleasure, this one had me up and ready to raid Goodwill (or a friend’s closet. same thing). Definitely check out The Goblin Queen’s channel as there is much more to be seen.
- The Gothic Alice Film Overviews – beyond a resource for that endless abyss of “having nothing to watch”, The Gothic Alice’s comprehensive rundowns of anything from Monster Flicks to Punk and Music Films inspire to study the screen and further explore a particular genre. Sit back with a bowl of popcorn, and maybe a side order of… fine wine?
- Stef Sanjati’s Need to Giggle? videos – I am supposed to be giggling but I’m crying because Stef Sanjati is such a beautiful person and I thoroughly enjoy this compilation. ALSO: please help support Stef’s Gender Confirmation Fund.
- Hello Batty’s Monthly Favorites – Adorable style, easy watching and generally sweet.
What do you think? Who do you choose? There can only be one……